1Q84/ Town of Cats

19:00 Cyndi 0 Comments



I recently finished 1Q84 the other day. I started it last year and a year later I finally finished it. I did it! I reached the next milestone of my life - it seems. Personally, 1Q84 is so far one of my favourites. I personally even liked it more than the Wind Up Bird Chronicle which was my favourite novel of Murakami's.

1Q84 was such a roller coaster ride and I'm glad I continued reading it until the very end as I loved the ending so much. I loved the way it is written from the perspective (third person) of Aomame and Tengo and how both worlds slowly collide with each other until you see the same thing from different perspectives. It's such a clever way to write the novel. The more I think about it, the more I fall in love with the whole story. It tackles so many themes and gives new insight into the world surrounding us. I love it so much. I can't wait to dive into Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage!




I miss the 1Q84 characters already. I wonder what happened to them but they're already of a different world. I wish people would just accept the reality as it is and stop criticising everything. The moment they exited out of the world - it ceased to exist. None of it mattered anymore. They were safe and in a new environment.

0 notes :