[Review] Lip Tints ~ Etude House & PeriPera

15:42 Cyndi 4 Comments

I did a Lip Tint post here and two years later my love for lip tints are still going strong. Day by day I am discovering more lip tints and falling even more in love with them. However, living in Perth - the only lip tints I could find are ones from Maybelline, Benefit and Revlon and to be honest - the colours didn't look too appealing and the major letdown was how EXPENSIVE they are. They are like $25+ so I couldn't stock up on lip tints after Sportsgirl stopped selling their lip tints. (That lip tint started to smell after a week YUCK!)

So I was really happy when  I stopped by my friend's SINI store/korean store. I found Etude House's Fresh Cherry Tint - not only is the packaging really cute but it smells really nice! However, it is pretty pricey at $18 but definitely a lot cheaper than the other drugstore lip tints. Then, yesterday night my mum and my sister came back from Hong Kong and my sister bought me these PeriPera lip tints! The packaging is just adorable (art by Mari Kim) and I so now I have THREE LIP TINTS!

I am going to do a review on three lip tints with photos of them. I hope you will find this helpful!



Etude House

Source: Etude House




Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in 02 Fresh Cherry Pink
Application 
4/5

When you first apply it, it feels and looks sticky but once it dries it's matte. I usually apply the tint with the applicator it comes with and then I blend it out with my fingers and even when I do that, my fingers don't go sticky and I don't need to wash my hands after. However, you do need to get more tint as you apply onto your lips as the applicator doesn't pick up a lot of the tint. 
Pigmentation
5/5

The pigmentation is bizarre! It is so pigmented compared to the other PeriPera lip tints. I love the colour so much it is like a sweet cotton candy pink. The colour really pops on your lips but it is natural enough to pass off as your natural lip colour

Moisture
3/5
I don't know whether it is my lips that are dry or it is the lip tint that is causing it but it definitely isn't as moisturising as I would like it to be. It doesn't dry out your lips a whole lot but you might need to apply some moisturising lip balm over it to keep your lips from drying out. 

Long Lasting
5/5
It is very long lasting but it does depend on what you do. Such as if you have lunch/dinner obviously the lip tint is going to rub off but I applied it before I picked up my sister/mum and didn't rub the tint off before I slept and the tint was still there in the morning! Which I found was amazing.

Overall
4/5
I find this lip tint so amazing, definitely better than my Sportsgirl one. It also smells really nice like cherries! The packaging is also really pretty. Definitely recommended. Tint looks very natural.



PeriPera

Source: PeriPera


PeriPera Tint Jelly in #01 Cherry Stick


Application 
5/5
It is like a lipstick and glides onto your lips so smoothly and it is so easy to apply with one swipe. It also feels very jelly like and so it doesn't feel like you're applying anything on. The best application out of the three lip tints. THE BEST.

Pigmentation
4/5

I don't really like the colour that much to be honest but it is rather pigmented though not as much as Etude House's one. It's sort of a darker cherry red but looks really natural. Becomes pigmented as the colour gradually settles in on your lips. 

Moisture
5/5
Very moisturising but isn't that sticky and isn't overly glossy/shiny or anything. It looks matte which I love but at the same time very moisturising

Long Lasting
5/5
Like most lip tints it is very long lasting. 

Overall
5/5
I really love this product; at first I thought I wouldn't like it but I ended up really loving this one. It is so easy to apply and everything else is just so nice. It kind of smells nice but at the same time it doesn't really. (Idk?! lol) It looks super natural and I love it so much! DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED



When I applied the #1 Cherry Pink it was a bit darker than the colour shown above

PeriPera Tint Balm in #5 Cherry Pink


Application 
2/5
Because of the lip shaped balm in the middle, it is very hard to apply just the jelly balm onto your lips as the moisturising balm as gets onto your fingers as well. So I don't like the lip thing in the middle :(

Pigmentation
3/5

I love the colour so much! It has a really sweet colour but not very pigmented compared to the other ones but it is very buildable

Moisture
5/5
Extremely moisturising! Out of the three, it is the most moisturising (it is a balm afterall) but it is a little bit sticky however. Hasn't dried out my lips at all. 

Long Lasting
5/5
Like most lip tints it is very long lasting. I tried rubbing it out with fingers and most of the colour is still there which is really good!

Overall
3/5
This balm has the best packaging ever but the product sort of annoyed me/let me down even though I absolutely adore the colour of the tint. The way to apply it is very annoying and I dropped it twice in the process of opening it as you need to twist it open. The product is also quite sticky and so it doesn't look that natural but some people may like it because of this as it is extremely moisturising.







If you have any other questions please leave a comment below~! I know I haven't covered much and I didn't do swatches or anything but my mum/sister took my camera for their Hong Kong trip and they accidentally left the camera's charger in Hong Kong so now I can't charge my camera :( 

4 comments :

  1. Hi, those lip tints look great! I just wanted to ask where in Hong kong did your mum and sister buy Peripera? Shop or area? I'm going to Hong Kong soon and would love to check some of the products out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I asked my sister and she said that they bought it from 'Sweetmay' which is a cosmetics store which mainly sells Korean cosmetics! They have stores in both Hong Kong and Macau ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again! Thank you so much for replying ^^ I will definitely check it out. Can't wait to go to HK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a nice time in HK!! Definitely check out SaSa too, they sell a wide variety of beauty products/cosmetics.

      Delete